Followings are the duties of the company:
1. Planning and management (development and utilization) of capacities
of thermal power generation in the framework of comprehensive and macro-scale
plans of the Ministry of Energy.
2. Organization and management of thermal power generation companies,
their stocks belong to the company partially or entirely.
3. Development of governmental thermal power generation development in
the framework of relevant regulations.
4. Cooperation with concerned institutes for transferring public power
plants and stocks of the government in the power generation companies to the
non-governmental sector and increasing the share of this section in power
generation in the framework of the regulations.
5. Performing the necessary measures for attaining the non-governmental
sectorâ€™s participation in the establishment of new power plants, development
of capacity and optimization of existing power plants for the realization of the
programs approved by the Ministry of Energy
6. To execute policies, plans and approvals of the Ministry of Energy
7. Management of stocks and capitals of the company in affiliated
8. To take necessary measures and cooperation for assigning a part of
the stocks of the company through stock exchange company
9. To show necessary supports for increasing the productivity of
production agents in the affiliated companies
10. To receive any financial facilities, to distribute participation
bonds and other methods for providing financial sources by observing legal
11. Management, development and providing financial sources, and
optimized use of those resources through establishing financial facilities and
circulating financial sources between the company and affiliated companies
12. Optimized use of the interests earned by the investments and other
local sources of the company and subsidiary companies for protecting private
sector for the purpose of establishment, development and optimization of
installations and supplying facilities and power generation services. The
company is authorized to establish, develop and optimization of governmental
power generation by using the above-mentioned resources.
13. Promotion of thermal power plant outputs by developing methods such
as simulators generation of power, heat and cooling and producing sweet water by
using recycled heat.
14. To take necessary actions and supports for lowering pollutants and
greenhouse gas caused by thermal electricity generation
15. Supporting risk-taking investments by using financial institutesâ€™
capacities and local sources of the company
16. Management and coordination between affiliated companies and
directing them towards policies determined by the Ministry of Energy
17. Supervision on the management and financial systems of subsidiary
18. To perform any executive, engineering, commerce, financial,
transactions, and investment operations, participation in other institutes and
companies that act in line with the policies of the Ministry of Energy in
connection with the object of company by observing the relevant laws and
19. To support and protect research activities, innovation and
technology in the scope of company activities